The Ethical Corporation is an independent company providing competitive intelligence for business sustainability and together with communication provider Vodafone they are producing a lively online debate on September 30th 2009 about how companies in the mobile industry should tackle their impact on the climate.
In a new report called – Carbon Connections: Quantifying mobile’s role in tackling climate change – which has been published by Accenture and Vodafone, 13 wireless telecommunications opportunities have been identified as having the potential to reduce carbon emissions by 113 Mt CO2e a year therefore reducing associated energy costs by €43 billion across the 25 EU countries in 2020.
The aim of the debate is to provide the platform for a robust and challenging discussion on how the telecommunication industry can make possible a low carbon economy, and speakers will include:
• Chris Burgess - Group Head of Corporate Responsibility, at Vodafone
• Joaquim Croca - Head of Corporate Responsibility Performance & Reporting at Vodafone
• James Farrar - Vice President of Corporate Citizenship at SAP
• Molly Webb - Head of Strategic Engagement, The Climate Group
The interactive and moderated debate will be hosted online and will be spread over three time zones (Asia, Europe and USA) for one hour at a time.
Live debate time zones for September 30 2009, as follows;
• 8-9am British Standard Time (to accommodate participants in Asia)
• 12-1pm British Standard Time (to accommodate participants in Europe)
• 5-6pm British Standard Time (to accommodate participants in North and South America)
For further information or to find out more visit www.ethicalcorp.com